Monday, May 25, 2009

BABY ALYSSA

So i finally had my precious daughter, Alyssa Rae Howard. I went into the hospital Sunday night(5/17/09) to get induced cause i was a week late. When Devin and i got to the hospital, they told me i was still at 1cm! so at first i was told i could be there for 3 days if anything! about an hour about inducing me, my water broke! Then the next day 5/18/09 i was finally at 4cm, as that day went on my doctor kept checking me and i was still not progressing. finally i got an epidural, but it didnt work! like i couldnt feel my legs but waist up i could feel everything, which means i felt every contraction! so the re did it and still didnt work, and i got two extra boosts and no luck! Finally by around 5pm on monday after being in labor for about 16 hours, my doctor decided to do a c-section. By that point i had so much drugs in me and in so much pain i was so out of it, devin was making all the decisions for me. Then by 6:01 on monday night Alyssa Rae Howard was brought into the world. I dont really remember much of that whole night but it was the best day of my life! Everyone says that she looks just like me, which i totally love! but i can totally see devin in her also. Being a mother is honestly the best gift in the world. Im still getting used to all of it, and im tired alot/emotional too, but my my mom and devins mom have been such a big help!
My favorite thing is watching Devin with her, cause he really is hands down the best daddy ever! and you can tell she adores him as well, its the cutest thing in the world, i dont know what i would do without my amazing husband, he as been such a big help.
I have recovered from my c-section pretty well, im in a little pain sometimes but it wasnt as bad as i thought it was all going to be.
I feel so blessed, to have such an amazing little family, all though i really didnt like being pregnant i would have another baby in a heart beat. But that doesnt mean that we are going to start having one soon, its going to be awhile lol
The most amazing gift god could have ever given me is my daughter! ahh i just love her sooooooo much!





SUCH A PROUD DADDY





9 comments:

LL said...

She is a beautiful girl and is so dainty and precious. When you hold her you can't help but love her. Of course this is a proud grandpa talking.

Scott and Christie said...

Congrats Kelly! She's beautiful!! And Happy b-lated birthday!! Looks like your husband is going to have to spoil you both in one week! =)

Sundbergs said...

Congrats she is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her.

Joanna said...

She looks just like you Kelly! Very cute! Congratulations and make sure you get lots of sleep!

Natalie Garces said...

So glad we got to come over and see her! She is sooo cute and tiny and looks just like you.

Nikki Moshier said...

She is so beautiful! I am always so emotional for a while after my babies too. Try to get as much rest as you can. Things will get easier soon.

Whit said...

She is so precious! Congrats!

Linz&jon said...

oh my precious! i love her! she does look like you. I cant wait to meet her. I love you guys!

Chris Sambrano said...

Oh she's beautiful. I'm still trying to process that Devin is a daddy still! He still seems too young to be a daddy but you've grown-up dude!! Cherish every moment. It's amazing to be parents and grand parents. I love it even though it's tough at times. Love you and hope to see Alyssa before she's too old. Love, Aunt Chris :)